Partner (New Homes)
Partner (New Homes)Job Reference: ASH-20-2410-1A
Job Position: Partner
Practice Area: Residential Property / Conveyancing
Job Type: Permanent: Full-time
PQE: 10 Years+ PQE
Salary: Highly competitive and negotiable DOE + Excellent benefits
This is a fantastic full-time opportunity for an experienced individual to join a highly regarded and modern team in one of their offices on the South Coast.
You will work as part of the senior management team in the New Homes team. This role focuses on the technical expertise, risk management and relationship building requirements in relation to the site set up review and reporting process. The protection of the legal interests of the firm’s clients (plot buyers) and the firm are of paramount importance as well as the development of positive and productive relationships with the housebuilders’ senior management teams and lawyers.
• Review site papers that are received from the developer’s solicitors (including relatively complex titles, planning permissions, section 106 agreements and s38 / s104 agreements)
• Proactively manage the timetable for site setups to ensure that enquiries are raised in a timely fashion and exchange deadlines are met
• Raise enquiries on papers for new sites and new phases of existing sites with the developer’s solicitors and reviewing replies received
• Follow up actions in accordance with the target SLAs for turnaround as specified by the firm
• Represent the firm’s legal position relating to site papers acting as the management escalation point for any legal or risk related issues
• Report to the Head of the New Homes Team on any risk or technical issues and working together to find a resolution
• Notify the risk committee on a timely basis of any risk related issues arising
• Implement the firm’s quality & risk management processes and policies including preparation of site certification before exchange
• Answer any technical queries that arise on the site papers from the conveyancing team and their clients
• Prepare a report to the clients in plain English on the contract, transfer and site papers ready for circulation by the conveyancing team
• Liaise with the Head of the New Homes Team, the service delivery team and business development function in the handling of and legal sign off of site papers
• Sign off sites for exchange once ready
• Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with developer legal teams
• Liaise with the conveyancing team to ensure that the developer’s sales and site teams are kept up to date on progress
• Research on technical issues and updating precedent reports and workflows
• Make recommendations for the continuous improvement of reports to lenders and clients reflecting any latest developments in the new build sector
• Supervise other members of the team if and when site set up related tasks are delegated
You will have a strong work ethic, be used to working with mid to high net worth clients and have a commercial, client focused approach to the delivery of exemplary service.
Previous experience of leading a team, effective communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to work well under pressure are essential for this role.
You will also have a proven track record of business development activities, securing new business and for exploring cross referral opportunities within the Firm, as well as developing relationships with other teams in the Firm and with external referrers. You will also be able to demonstrate your past client interaction and identifying of new business opportunities.
An award winning UK Top 200, top tier commercial law firm, with their main offices located throughout the Central South and London. Committed to staff development and with a clear strategy for success, this firm is known as being an employer of choice across the country. The firm has experienced an unprecedented level of growth in the last 10 years and continues to go from success to success
For further information and to register your interest for this position, please apply below or contact Stacey Simon on 01202 797518 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale please ensure that you check you junk email folder.
We prefer that you provide a contact telephone number on first contact so that we can contact you personally.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
ASH Elite Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. ASH Elite Limited is an equal opportunities agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note we will only send forward CVs and information to our clients with candidates prior permission.