ASH Elite Limited (ASH Elite) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Your rights under GDPR are set out in this notice and apply from 25 May 2018.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how ASH Elite will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the Data Controller is ASH Elite Limited of George Business Centre, Christchurch Road, New Milton BH25 6QJ. Registered in England and Wales No: 09747475ASH Elite
Our nominated Data Protection Officer is Sofie Scott.
Who ASH Elite are and what we do
ASH Elite are a legal recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). ASH Elite collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles
- Prospective and live clients
- Supplier contacts to support our services
- Our employees, consultants, temporary workers.
ASH Elite collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you
This is information about you that you give us by visiting our website https://www.ashelite.com (“Website”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, SMS or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you:
- Register as a candidate to enter our database
- Register a new vacancy
- Subscribe to receive company news or our jobs-by- email service
- Apply for jobs
- Request a job to be emailed to you
- Download any material from our website
- Refer colleagues or friends as part of our referral program
- Enter a competition or take part in a survey
- Register to attend an event ASH Elite organise
- Participate via social media functions on our Website
- Report a problem with our Website.
The information you give us or ASH Elite collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom, curriculum vitae (or career profile) and photograph and data that may be held on your professional profile
available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Information ASH Elite collect about you when you visit the website
When you visit our Website ASH Elite will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of each page visited, clickstream to and through our Website including date and time, jobs visited and searched for, download errors, length of visits to pages, and any information submitted through forms.
Information ASH Elite obtain from other sources
This is information ASH Elite obtain about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card and personal recommendations. In this case ASH Elite will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact ASH Elite hold personal data about you
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
ASH Elite use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts ASH Elite intend to enter into or have entered into between you and ASH Elite to provide you with the information and services that you request from us or ASH Elite think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
To provide you with information about other services or jobs that ASH Elite offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with or enquired about.
The core service ASH Elite offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent recruitment. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interests, described in more detail below, although ASH Elite will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
ASH Elite will rely on any existing contract if ASH Elite are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
ASH Elite will rely on legal obligation if ASH Elite are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
ASH Elite will rely on your consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required e.g. when gaining your permission to introduce you to a client (if you are a candidate).
Our Legitimate Interest
Our legitimate interest in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency ASH Elite introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental and essential part of this process.
In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs ASH Elite require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
To maintain, expand and develop our business ASH Elite need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should ASH Elite want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data ASH Elite will request your consent orally, by email, by SMS or by completing an online process for the specific activity (e.g. when registering a vacancy or as a candidate or when you apply for a job) when ASH Elite will require your consent for and to record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Other Uses ASH Elite will make of your data:
- Use of our Website
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer.
ASH Elite will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including
troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of the information, news and job advertising ASH Elite serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant information, news and job advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
ASH Elite do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. ASH Elite do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
also allows us to improve our Website.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
ASH Elite will share your personal information with:
Any member of our group both in the EEA and outside of the EEA.
Selected third parties including:
- clients (or a nominated party acting on behalf of our clients) for the purpose of introducing candidates to them
- candidates for the purpose of discussing job opportunities to them, the arranging of interviews and engagements
- clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract ASH Elite enter into with them or you
- subcontractors including email marketing specialists, event organisers, payment and other financial service providers
- ASH Elite may make use of the personal data ASH Elite have collected from you to enable us to display our adverts to the correct targeted audience
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website
- credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
ASH Elite will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that ASH Elite sell or buy any business or assets, in which case ASH Elite will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If ASH Elite or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ASH Elite, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The lawful basis for the third-party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs
- satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor
- for the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation
- to fulfil their legal obligations.
Where ASH Elite store and process your personal data
The data that ASH Elite collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. ASH Elite will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where ASH Elite have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. ASH Elite ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although ASH Elite will do our best to protect your personal data, ASH Elite cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once ASH Elite have received your information, ASH Elite will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent
Retention of your data
ASH Elite will retain your personal data for as long as necessary in order to provide the recruitment service to you and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements
ASH Elite do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- prior to making an introduction ASH Elite check that ASH Elite have accurate information about you
- ASH Elite keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
- ASH Elite make use of external websites (e.g. LinkedIn, Law Society) to verify the information about you.
The criteria ASH Elite use to determine whether ASH Elite should retain your personal data includes:
- the nature of the personal data
- its perceived accuracy
- our legal obligations
- whether ASH Elite have been active with you as part of our general recruitment service (e.g. discussing roles with you, arranging interviews or placing you in a new role)
- our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role
ASH Elite may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our systems. ASH Elite may pseudonymise parts of your data, particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, to ensure that ASH Elite do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so.
For your information, Pseudonymised Data is created by taking identifying fields within a database and replacing them with artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. ASH Elite will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if ASH Elite intend to use your data for such purposes or if ASH Elite intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and ASH Elite will collect express consent from you if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that ASH Elite do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights
- Request correction of the personal information that ASH Elite hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information ASH Elite hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal information where ASH Elite are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where ASH Elite are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access to information:
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. ASH Elite also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is
accurate and complete.
A subject access request should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes ASH Elite make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to The Data Protection Manager, ASH Elite Limited of George Business Centre, Christchurch Road, New Milton BH25 6QJ. Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org